Editor's choice: the highlights on just-food last week
Mondelez International this week announced Nelson Peltz is set to join the company's board. The activist shareholder's investment fund disclosed the US billionaire has turned his focus away from campaigning Mondelez to merge with PepsiCo - and encourage the cola and crisps group to split in two.
US: Peltz ends call for Mondelez merger, eyes PepsiCo split
Nelson Peltz has given up on his bid to try to get PepsiCo to merge with Mondelez International - but will focus on lobbying for the US snacks and cola giant to split in two.
On the money: Unilever says foods "ready to grow again"
Unilever has indicated that it plans to accelerate growth of its food brands in 2014, after taking a number of actions to stabilise the performance of the unit over the past 12 months.
UK: "No process" to sell or list United Biscuits - sources
United Biscuits' joint owners Blackstone and PAI Partners are not preparing to offload or float the UK biscuit maker, just-food understands.
UPDATE: NETHERLANDS: Izico sale part of our focus on health, Wessanen says
Wessanen has said it is committed to driving the growth of its natural and organic food offering in Europe after announcing it plans to sell its Izico frozen snacks business.
BELGIUM: Delhaize reports positive growth in home and US markets
Shares in Delhaize Group rose today (23 January) after the Belgium-based retailer booked higher sales for the fourth quarter of 2013, with its performance at home and in the US, its largest market, beat expectations.
- Danone's global push for Danonino – interview
- Kind CEO on FDA's labelling U-turn - interview
- Tackling infant formula fraud in China
- How Hormel Foods can benefit from Justin's
- RTRS looks for systemic solutions to progress
- Nestle sets new savings target
- Russia may renew food embargo again
- Lindt's Russell Stover launches "snacking" line
- News of week - Nestle, Wilmar, Danone
- HKScan appoints Jari Latvanen CEO