Editor's choice: the highlights on just-food last week
Olive oil giant Deoleo this week announced its board had backed a takeover bid from private-equity giant CVC Capital Partners. Elsewhere, Mondelez International announced plans for another plant in Russia and the political party that looks set to be the major party in India's next government said it would ban foreign supermarkets entering the country's retail sector.
SPAIN: Deoleo board backs sale of olive oil firm to CVC
The board of Spain-based olive oil group Deoleo has agreed to sell the company to UK private-equity firm CVC Capital Partners.
INDIA: BJP plans to ban foreign supermarkets entering retail sector
Indian political party Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), which is expected to lead the country's next government, has said it plans to ban foreign supermarkets from entering its retail sector.
RUSSIA: Mondelez to build chocolate, biscuits plant
Mondelez International is to build a chocolate and biscuits factory in the Russian city of Novosibirsk.
US: Wal-Mart teams up with Wild Oats brand in organic push
Wal-Mart has announced a notable push into the US organic food category with plans to list a range of products under the recently-revived Wild Oats brand.
JAPAN/MALAYSIA: Asahi to buy Etika dairy assets
Japanese food and beverage giant Asahi has struck a deal to buy a range of dairy assets in south-east Asia from Singapore-listed Etika International Holdings.
UK: Weetabix confirms plan to cut pay, hours
Weetabix has announced plans to cut staff pay and hours in the UK, a reaction believed to be prompted by increasing pressure from supermarket own brands and discount food retailers.
GERMANY/UK: Suedzucker profit warning hits ABF shares
German sugar refiner Suedzucker has cautioned operating profit in its current financial year will fall below expectations, a warning that hit shares in rival Associated British Foods.
Deal or no deal: Analysts divided on Dorset Cereals sale
Toward the end of last week Kellogg, Weetabix and Associated British Foods were all named as potential suitors looking to buy UK cereal brand Dorset Cereals from Wellness Foods. Industry watchers believe all three reported bidders could be viable owners of the muesli maker.
Focus: EU funds international project in food fraud fight
Participants within an EU-funded research project on fighting food fraud believe they can help rebuild consumer confidence in Europe's food sector, following last year’s horsemeat scandal, writes Andrew Byrne in Brussels.
AUS/CHINA: Freedom Foods strikes Bright Dairy production deal
Australia's Freedom Foods Group has struck a deal to supply China's Bright Dairy with "value-added" milk products.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
UK-based Associated British Foods Plc (ABF) has established a foothold in most regional markets, but its sales are significantly biased towards developed markets. Combined, developed markets accounted...
Breakfast Cereals in Belgium industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains...
Breakfast Cereals in the Netherlands industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also ...
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Soda draws fire from food in Mexico obesity battle
- Why Flowers Foods organic bread deal is a killer
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- Ajinomoto "eyes acquisitions in Europe"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Chocolate and Chocolate Candy Manufacturing Industry (U.S.): Analytics, Extensive Financial Benchmarks, Metrics and Revenue Forecasts to 2022
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report