Editor's choice: the highlights on just-food last week
Chobani announced TPG investment and NPD push this week
Chobani, the yoghurt maker that has grown to a business generating US$1bn in sales in under a decade, grabbed the headlines this week with news it had secured investment for further growth from private-equity firm TPG Capital. Elsewhere, the trademark spat between Mars and Hershey remained popular among you throughout the week, while Unilever admitted it is weighing up its options over Slim.Fast and its North American pasta sauces unit. Click on the links for more.
US: Yoghurt maker Chobani secures investment from TPG Capital
Chobani, the US-based yoghurt producer, has secured investment of US$750m from private-equity group TPG Capital to "fund future growth".
In another story that got you clicking, Chobani also announced moves into other categories, including desserts.
Read editor Dean Best's take on the NPD push from Chobani here.
US: Mars squares off against Hershey over "fake" Malteser
Mars has filed a lawsuit accusing rival chocolate maker Hershey of misleading US consumers by selling "fake" confectionery under the Malteser brand.
GLOBAL: Unilever mulls options for Slim.Fast, pasta sauce units
Unilever today (24 April) confirmed it is reviewing its options over the future of its Slim.Fast and North America pasta sauces businesses.
Focus: Could flurry of NPD revive liquid milk sales?
A flurry of innovation in new cow's milk products may at last have the potential to revitalise a sector that has been in the doldrums, writes Datamonitor's Tom Vierhile.
FRANCE: Fund Qualium in talks to buy biscuit maker Poult
Private-equity group LBO France is in exclusive talks to sell French market leader for private-label biscuits, Biscuit Poult, to investment fund Qualium Investissement.
US: ConAgra sells Medallion snacks brand to Shearer's
US private-label salty snack producer Shearer's Foods has acquired Medallion Foods from ConAgra Foods in a US$33.5m deal.
CANADA: TreeHouse to acquire broth maker Protenergy Natural Foods
TreeHouse Foods has struck a deal to acquire Protenergy Natural Foods from private-equity firms Whitecastle Investments and Whitecap Venture Partners for C$170m (US$150m).
US: Hershey admits Q1 "below expectations"
Hershey said today (24 April) its first-quarter results had missed its expectations amid "pressure" on sales.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Frozen Fruits and Vegetables in Thousand Tons by the following Product Segments: Frozen Fruits, and Frozen Vegetables....
Kraft Foods Lunchables Uploaded has topped IRI's poll of the top NPD launches in the US during 2014. ...
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- How could a TTIP affect the food industry?
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Kellogg to invest in "next-generation innovation"
- PepsiCo "engaging" with Indofood on child labour
- Campaigners attack UK child obesity plan
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights