Editor's choice: the highlights on just-food last week
Chobani announced TPG investment and NPD push this week
Chobani, the yoghurt maker that has grown to a business generating US$1bn in sales in under a decade, grabbed the headlines this week with news it had secured investment for further growth from private-equity firm TPG Capital. Elsewhere, the trademark spat between Mars and Hershey remained popular among you throughout the week, while Unilever admitted it is weighing up its options over Slim.Fast and its North American pasta sauces unit. Click on the links for more.
US: Yoghurt maker Chobani secures investment from TPG Capital
Chobani, the US-based yoghurt producer, has secured investment of US$750m from private-equity group TPG Capital to "fund future growth".
In another story that got you clicking, Chobani also announced moves into other categories, including desserts.
Read editor Dean Best's take on the NPD push from Chobani here.
US: Mars squares off against Hershey over "fake" Malteser
Mars has filed a lawsuit accusing rival chocolate maker Hershey of misleading US consumers by selling "fake" confectionery under the Malteser brand.
GLOBAL: Unilever mulls options for Slim.Fast, pasta sauce units
Unilever today (24 April) confirmed it is reviewing its options over the future of its Slim.Fast and North America pasta sauces businesses.
Focus: Could flurry of NPD revive liquid milk sales?
A flurry of innovation in new cow's milk products may at last have the potential to revitalise a sector that has been in the doldrums, writes Datamonitor's Tom Vierhile.
FRANCE: Fund Qualium in talks to buy biscuit maker Poult
Private-equity group LBO France is in exclusive talks to sell French market leader for private-label biscuits, Biscuit Poult, to investment fund Qualium Investissement.
US: ConAgra sells Medallion snacks brand to Shearer's
US private-label salty snack producer Shearer's Foods has acquired Medallion Foods from ConAgra Foods in a US$33.5m deal.
CANADA: TreeHouse to acquire broth maker Protenergy Natural Foods
TreeHouse Foods has struck a deal to acquire Protenergy Natural Foods from private-equity firms Whitecastle Investments and Whitecap Venture Partners for C$170m (US$150m).
US: Hershey admits Q1 "below expectations"
Hershey said today (24 April) its first-quarter results had missed its expectations amid "pressure" on sales.
ConAgra Foods, Inc. - SWOT Analysis company profile is the essential source for top-level company data and information. ConAgra Foods, Inc. - SWOT Analysis examines the company’s key business struc......
The Hershey Company - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offe...
Canadean's "The Hershey Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contain...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- UK Responsibility Deal must solve credibility gap
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- JBS "seeking M&A" in Americas, Australia
- General Mills launches Greek yoghurt in Australia
- Dairy Crest earnings fall
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details