Editor's choice: the highlights on just-food last week
Five months ago, Chiquita Brands International announced plans to merge with fellow banana supplier Fyffes. The deal was set to close by the end of the year. However, this week, an unsolicited takeover bid came in for Chiquita, which promptly rejected the offer. However, the suitors have indicated they may not go away easily. Elsewhere, our coverage of Russia's food embargo continued, we looked in-depth at the opportunities for growth in Japan in our latest management briefing and, in a new M&A column, we suggested Raisio sell up to private equity.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities