Editor's choice: the highlights on just-food last week
Five months ago, Chiquita Brands International announced plans to merge with fellow banana supplier Fyffes. The deal was set to close by the end of the year. However, this week, an unsolicited takeover bid came in for Chiquita, which promptly rejected the offer. However, the suitors have indicated they may not go away easily. Elsewhere, our coverage of Russia's food embargo continued, we looked in-depth at the opportunities for growth in Japan in our latest management briefing and, in a new M&A column, we suggested Raisio sell up to private equity.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife