Editor's choice: the highlights on just-food this week
Canadian convenience operator Couche-Tard posted record net earnings for the first quarter of fiscal 2011 this week, up 42% against the same period of the previous year. But its efforts to acquire Casey's General Stores were dealt a heavy blow when the US company completed its latest round of defences in the from of its modified "Dutch auction" self tender offer.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods