Editor's choice: the highlights on just-food this week
M&A watchers have been kept busy over the last five days. Wal-Mart made a move into South Africa and Unilever expanded in Greece (and signalled it may sell two UK brands). Meanwhile, speculation over Yoplait and United Biscuits rumbled on and Dairy Crest was the subject of takeover rumours, too. Elsewhere, US food group Campbell Soup Co. and Dutch retailer Ahold announced changes at the top. These were our highlights this week.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Update - Post Holdings confirms Weetabix deal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations