Editor's choice: the highlights on just-food this week
In the week that just-food published its latest briefing - on the globalisation of food retail - Metro Group, the world's fourth-largest, issued record earnings. Analysts, however, were less than impressed with the company's performance and its outlook for 2011. Meanwhile, Sainsbury's posted slowing sales growth, leading to concerns over the short-term future of the UK retail sector. Elsewhere, Rabobank forecast that the share of own-label in the global grocery market would double by 2025. And, of course, we had the takeover speculation around Italian dairy giant Parmalat covered.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega