Editor's choice: the highlights on just-food this week
In the week that just-food published its latest briefing - on the globalisation of food retail - Metro Group, the world's fourth-largest, issued record earnings. Analysts, however, were less than impressed with the company's performance and its outlook for 2011. Meanwhile, Sainsbury's posted slowing sales growth, leading to concerns over the short-term future of the UK retail sector. Elsewhere, Rabobank forecast that the share of own-label in the global grocery market would double by 2025. And, of course, we had the takeover speculation around Italian dairy giant Parmalat covered.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery