Editor's choice: the highlights on just-food this week
Premier Foods' appointment of Kraft's Mike Clarke as its new CEO this week was a surprise move but one welcomed by the market. Investors in Brasil Foods were also cheered by the news that the 2009 merger that created the company was cleared by Brazil's competition watchdog. However, a plan to combine Brazil's largest retailer, CBD, with Carrefour's local operations was halted amid continued opposition from Casino, which prompted the country's national development bank to pull planned funding for the deal. Click on the headlines for more.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast