Editor's choice: the highlights on just-food this week
Tension at the top of Metro Group, the world's fourth-largest retailer, made the headlines this week, with the future of CEO Dr Eckhard Cordes in doubt. Across the Atlantic, Sara Lee was rocked by the departure of senior executive CJ Fraleigh. In the US, ConAgra Foods told takeover target Ralcorp Holdings it had days to being talks on its US$5.2bn bid, while in the UK, Marks and Spencer showcased its new-look food halls as part of a GBP600m revamp of its stores. Click on the headlines for more.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant