Editor's choice: the highlights on just-food this week
Tension at the top of Metro Group, the world's fourth-largest retailer, made the headlines this week, with the future of CEO Dr Eckhard Cordes in doubt. Across the Atlantic, Sara Lee was rocked by the departure of senior executive CJ Fraleigh. In the US, ConAgra Foods told takeover target Ralcorp Holdings it had days to being talks on its US$5.2bn bid, while in the UK, Marks and Spencer showcased its new-look food halls as part of a GBP600m revamp of its stores. Click on the headlines for more.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods