Editor's choice: the highlights on just-food this week
Tesco this week announced plans to cut GBP500m (US$773.6m) from the price of thousands of items in the UK in a revamp of its promotional strategy. Suppliers and rival retailers will be weighing up the impact on their businesses and the move comes at a difficult time for online retailer Ocado, which has a high-profile price-matching campaign aimed at Tesco and has seen its shares fall this week. Elsewhere, Kerry Group boosted its ingredients business with a move to buy Cargill's flavours arm while one deal that will not happen is ConAgra Foods' bid to buy Ralcorp Holdings, which again refused to talk to its suitor.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review