Editor's choice: the highlights on just-food this week
Tesco this week announced plans to cut GBP500m (US$773.6m) from the price of thousands of items in the UK in a revamp of its promotional strategy. Suppliers and rival retailers will be weighing up the impact on their businesses and the move comes at a difficult time for online retailer Ocado, which has a high-profile price-matching campaign aimed at Tesco and has seen its shares fall this week. Elsewhere, Kerry Group boosted its ingredients business with a move to buy Cargill's flavours arm while one deal that will not happen is ConAgra Foods' bid to buy Ralcorp Holdings, which again refused to talk to its suitor.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk