Editor's choice: the highlights on just-food this week
Hershey and Unilever were among the major food manufacturers that this week were the first to report their 2011 financial results. Unilever's profits inched up 1% and CEO Paul Polman pointed to the performance of its home and personal care operations - casting some questions over the prospects of its food operations. In the retail sector, this week saw the long-speculated appointment of a new CEO at Carrefour and analysts expressed concern about the outlook for Ocado despite narrowing full-year losses.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods