Editor's choice: the highlights on just-food this week
The future of Iglo Group, Europe's largest frozen food manufacturer, was a hot topic this week with its private-equity owner preparing to put the business up for sale. Elsewhere, the M&A rumour mill focused on South African retailer Pick n Pay and Spanish food groups Moreno and Hojiblanca announced plans to merge. We looked at the potential buyers of United Biscuits' salty snacks arm, looked at the pressure food manufacturers are still under from commodity costs and interviewed the CFO of Dutch bakery firm CSM, which saw profits hit last year by raw material prices. And the latest just-food briefing focused on stevia, the intense sweetener seen to have huge potential.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs