Editor's choice: the highlights on just-food this week
The future of Iglo Group, Europe's largest frozen food manufacturer, was a hot topic this week with its private-equity owner preparing to put the business up for sale. Elsewhere, the M&A rumour mill focused on South African retailer Pick n Pay and Spanish food groups Moreno and Hojiblanca announced plans to merge. We looked at the potential buyers of United Biscuits' salty snacks arm, looked at the pressure food manufacturers are still under from commodity costs and interviewed the CFO of Dutch bakery firm CSM, which saw profits hit last year by raw material prices. And the latest just-food briefing focused on stevia, the intense sweetener seen to have huge potential.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund