Editor's choice: the highlights on just-food this week
The future of Iglo Group, Europe's largest frozen food manufacturer, was a hot topic this week with its private-equity owner preparing to put the business up for sale. Elsewhere, the M&A rumour mill focused on South African retailer Pick n Pay and Spanish food groups Moreno and Hojiblanca announced plans to merge. We looked at the potential buyers of United Biscuits' salty snacks arm, looked at the pressure food manufacturers are still under from commodity costs and interviewed the CFO of Dutch bakery firm CSM, which saw profits hit last year by raw material prices. And the latest just-food briefing focused on stevia, the intense sweetener seen to have huge potential.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife