Editor's choice: the highlights on just-food this week
US meats group Hillshire Brands has this week turned from hunter to hunted. With its offer for Pinnacle Foods on the table, the Jimmy Dean sausages maker is the subject of two takeover bids from JBS-backed Pilgrim's Pride and then Tyson Foods, looking to boost their meat empires with higher-margin products. Elsewhere, Sweden-based confectioner Cloetta snapped up Ireland's The Jelly Bean Factory, Nestle and Fonterra revamped their venture in South America and R&R Ice Cream bought Australia's Peters Food Group.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp