SWITZERLAND: The IUF and Danone's proposal for restructuring the European biscuit sector
Following reports in the French press in January, the French-based food and drink transnational Danone confirmed proposals for restructuring its European biscuit operations in a March 29 meeting with the IUF and its European affiliates representing Danone workers. The plan, involving the closure of 6 sites and the reorganization of others, would result in the overall loss of 1,816 jobs. The IUF and its affiliates oppose the employment implications of this proposal, and we will defend the interests of our members in a militant, determined and serious way. But we do not support the boycott of Danone products which some have called for in France.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units