SWITZERLAND: The IUF and Danone's proposal for restructuring the European biscuit sector
Following reports in the French press in January, the French-based food and drink transnational Danone confirmed proposals for restructuring its European biscuit operations in a March 29 meeting with the IUF and its European affiliates representing Danone workers. The plan, involving the closure of 6 sites and the reorganization of others, would result in the overall loss of 1,816 jobs. The IUF and its affiliates oppose the employment implications of this proposal, and we will defend the interests of our members in a militant, determined and serious way. But we do not support the boycott of Danone products which some have called for in France.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth