SWITZERLAND: The IUF and Danone's proposal for restructuring the European biscuit sector
Following reports in the French press in January, the French-based food and drink transnational Danone confirmed proposals for restructuring its European biscuit operations in a March 29 meeting with the IUF and its European affiliates representing Danone workers. The plan, involving the closure of 6 sites and the reorganization of others, would result in the overall loss of 1,816 jobs. The IUF and its affiliates oppose the employment implications of this proposal, and we will defend the interests of our members in a militant, determined and serious way. But we do not support the boycott of Danone products which some have called for in France.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review