The just-food international basket - Q2 2013
The latest data from the just-food international basket, published today, covers the second quarter of 2013.
The basket is a group of 17 items from tuna to milk that highlights the difference in price between national brands and own label in seven international markets.
Amid the worst economic conditions for a generation, shoppers are becoming more promiscuous in their behaviour and the data will prove valuable to brand manufacturers, own-label suppliers and retailers alike.
The data is compiled exclusively for just-food by IRI. Tim Eales, strategic insight director at IRI, reflects on the latest findings here.
|CATEGORY||TYPICAL PACK SIZE||PACK TYPE|
|Cereals||500g||Single Medium Box|
|Canned tuna fish||185g||Single Can|
|Ambient wet soup||400g||Single Can|
|Ambient mayonnaise||400g||Single Jar|
|Frozen pizza||400g||Single Average Size Pizza|
|Frozen burger||224g||4 Pack|
|Wet cat food||400g||Single Can|
|Milk - ambient||568ml||One Pint|
|Fruit juices - ambient||1000ml||Single Carton|
|Energy drinks||250ml||Single Can|
|Tea bags||500ml||160ct Packet|
Sectors: Baby food, Bakery, Canned food, Cereal, Chilled foods, Condiments, dressings & sauces, Confectionery, Dairy, Dried foods, Fresh produce, Frozen, Ice cream, Meat & poultry, Natural & organic, Private label, Retailers, Seafood, Snacks, World foods
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- Kellogg's 1894 fund debut investment in Kuli Kuli
- Bellamy's CEO exits as outlook slashed