The launch of the just-food international basket
Today, in association with SymphonyIRI, just-food launches its international basket - a group of 17 items from tuna to milk that will highlight the difference in price between national brands and own label in seven international markets. Amid the worst economic conditions for a generation, shoppers are becoming more promiscuous in their behaviour and the data will prove valuable to brand manufacturers, own-label suppliers and retailers alike.
Rod Street, executive vice president of consulting at SymphonyIRI, provides analysis of this data here.
|CATEGORY||TYPICAL PACK SIZE||PACK TYPE|
|Cereals||500||Single Medium Box|
|Canned tuna fish||185||Single Can|
|Ambient wet soup||400||Single Can|
|Ambient Mayonnaise||400||Single Jar|
|Frozen Pizza||400||Single Average Size Pizza|
|Frozen Burger||224||4 Pack|
|Wet cat food||400||Single Can|
|Milk - Ambient||568||One Pint|
|Fruit juices - Ambient||1000||Single Carton|
|Energy drinks||250||Single Can|
|Tea bags||500||160ct Packet|
- Focus: ConAgra own-label exit plan is about growth
- just-food's pick: Top trends at Fancy Food Show
- What Grexit could mean for the food industry
- IRI – The opportunity of range optimisation
- Focus: Can General Mills improve US retail sales?
- ConAgra confirms private-label exit
- Kraft Heinz unveils management structure
- Kraft faces lawsuit over 'natural' claims
- US performance weighs on General Mills
- Hovis "mulls Irish Pride Bakeries takeover"