USA: The Middleby Corporation agrees to purchase Maytag's Blodgett commercial cooking products business
The Middleby Corporation (NASDAQ: MIDD) has agreed to purchase Maytag Corporation's (NYSE: MYG) Blodgett commercial cooking products business for $80 million in cash and $15 million in notes according to a joint announcement on Friday (31 August) by both firms. The sale, which is subject to regulatory approval, is expected to be completed in the fourth quarter of this year. Middleby's financing for the purchase will be led by Bank of America.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Aryzta CEO, CFO resign amid strategic review
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins