USA: The Middleby Corporation agrees to purchase Maytag's Blodgett commercial cooking products business
The Middleby Corporation (NASDAQ: MIDD) has agreed to purchase Maytag Corporation's (NYSE: MYG) Blodgett commercial cooking products business for $80 million in cash and $15 million in notes according to a joint announcement on Friday (31 August) by both firms. The sale, which is subject to regulatory approval, is expected to be completed in the fourth quarter of this year. Middleby's financing for the purchase will be led by Bank of America.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Why near-term takeover of Mead Johnson unlikely
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Boparan confirms interest in Fox's Biscuits
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Update - Pladis not bidding for Weetabix