US: The Pantry appoints Preslar as CFO
The Pantry names CFO
The Pantry has named B Clyde Preslar as SVP and chief financial officer.
Preslar joints The Pantry from RetailAmerica, where he served as finance chief since 2008. Previously he held financial positions with Cott Corp and Lance.
He will take up his new role at the US convenience operator next month (7 February).
B. Clyde Preslar Joins The Pantry as Chief Financial Officer
CARY, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 10, 2013-- The Pantry, Inc. (Nasdaq: PTRY), the leading independently operated convenience store chain in the southeastern United States, today announced thatB. Clyde Preslar is joining the executive leadership team as Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer.
Mr. Preslar joins The Pantry from RailAmerica, Inc., where he served since 2008 as Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer for the short line and regional freight railroad operator.
"Clyde is a proven leader ideally suited for The Pantry with more than 15 years of financial leadership experience as a Chief Financial Officer," said The Pantry's President and Chief Executive Officer Dennis Hatchell. "Clyde has an extensive breadth of financial experience, including financial leadership in the consumer goods arena, and an exceptional track record of financial management, planning and corporate development. We look forward to having Clyde join the executive leadership team."
Prior to RailAmerica, Inc., Mr. Preslar served as Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer at Cott Corporation, a manufacturer of non-alcoholic beverage products, and as Vice President and Chief Financial Officer and Secretary at snack food manufacturer Lance, Inc. Earlier in his career, he was Director of Financial Services for worldwide power tools at Black & Decker, and served as Director of Investor Relations at RJR Nabisco.
Mr. Preslar holds a bachelor's degree in business administration and economics from Elon College and a master's degree in business administration from Wake Forest University. He serves on the Board of Directors of Alliance One International, Inc. and is a past Director of Forward Air Corporation.
Mr. Preslar will join The Pantry on Feb. 7, 2013.
Original source: The Pantry
- What Grexit could mean for the food industry
- just-food's pick: Top trends at Fancy Food Show
- Focus: Can General Mills improve US retail sales?
- How Russia's embargo affects domestic firms
- Focus: ConAgra own-label exit plan is about growth
- Mondelez launches Oreo Thins in US
- Leclerc to contest ruling on supplier payments
- North Castle acquires stake in Sprout
- ABF's Kingsmill returns to Tesco
- UK's first free range milk label launched
- Nestlé SA in Packaged Food: Confectionery, Ice Cream, Sauces, Dressings and Condiments (World)
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: News and Events April 2015