US: The Pantry appoints Preslar as CFO
The Pantry names CFO
The Pantry has named B Clyde Preslar as SVP and chief financial officer.
Preslar joints The Pantry from RetailAmerica, where he served as finance chief since 2008. Previously he held financial positions with Cott Corp and Lance.
He will take up his new role at the US convenience operator next month (7 February).
B. Clyde Preslar Joins The Pantry as Chief Financial Officer
CARY, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 10, 2013-- The Pantry, Inc. (Nasdaq: PTRY), the leading independently operated convenience store chain in the southeastern United States, today announced thatB. Clyde Preslar is joining the executive leadership team as Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer.
Mr. Preslar joins The Pantry from RailAmerica, Inc., where he served since 2008 as Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer for the short line and regional freight railroad operator.
"Clyde is a proven leader ideally suited for The Pantry with more than 15 years of financial leadership experience as a Chief Financial Officer," said The Pantry's President and Chief Executive Officer Dennis Hatchell. "Clyde has an extensive breadth of financial experience, including financial leadership in the consumer goods arena, and an exceptional track record of financial management, planning and corporate development. We look forward to having Clyde join the executive leadership team."
Prior to RailAmerica, Inc., Mr. Preslar served as Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer at Cott Corporation, a manufacturer of non-alcoholic beverage products, and as Vice President and Chief Financial Officer and Secretary at snack food manufacturer Lance, Inc. Earlier in his career, he was Director of Financial Services for worldwide power tools at Black & Decker, and served as Director of Investor Relations at RJR Nabisco.
Mr. Preslar holds a bachelor's degree in business administration and economics from Elon College and a master's degree in business administration from Wake Forest University. He serves on the Board of Directors of Alliance One International, Inc. and is a past Director of Forward Air Corporation.
Mr. Preslar will join The Pantry on Feb. 7, 2013.
Original source: The Pantry
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis: The impact on shopper behaviour
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020