US: The Pantry in South Carolina acquisition
US retail group The Pantry has snapped up a slew of convenience outlets in the state of South Carolina.
The Pantry, which is the largest independent convenience chain in the south-east of the US, has bought 11 outlets in Spartanburg, South Carolina for an undisclosed sum.
The company bought the outlets, which operate under the Fast Phil's banner, from Willard Oil Company.
Meanwhile, The Pantry said it has sealed a deal to buy another convenience store in the state of North Carolina.
The company added that it has also signed agreements to buy four more stores throughout three states - Florida, Alabama and North Carolina.
In all, the deals take the number of stores acquired by The Pantry during this fiscal year to 152.
Over the last four years, The Pantry has revamped its store portfolio with 80% of its outlets under the Kangaroo Express banner.
While supermarket trolleys often seem to have minds of their own, one day it appears they actually will. The 'intelligent' trolley was one innovation being showcased at the recent Institute of Grocery...
The Hershey Company has reported a fall in earnings for its third quarter and lowered its full year estimates....
The UK retail executive who led the transformation of the Asda grocery chain will have a key advisory role in the proposed Wesfarmers acquisition of Coles....
Hindustan Unilever(HUL), India's largest FMCG player, has identified the top end of the food market as a growth opportunity for the business....
Frutarom Industries has signed an agreement to acquire 100% of the share capital of the German companies Gewurzmuller GmbH and Blessing Biotech GmbH, for a cash payment of US$67m....
X5 Retail Group, Russia's largest food retailer by sales, has seen third-quarter sales jump 20%....
Lawson, Japan's second-largest convenience retailer, has cut its full-year sales forecast, despite enjoying a rise in first-half profit....
Belgium-based retailer Delhaize has signed a deal with Pinguin that will see the vegetable processor produce a range of frozen ready meals for the company....
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Ferrero entity acquires Delacre
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report