USA: US retail: the roller-coaster ride continues - COMMENT (members)
US retail sales grew only marginally in May. Retail sales edged forward in May amid renewed fear of full-blown recession. With a lower than expected gain of only 0.1% for the month, consumer confidence continues to weaken as purse strings are tightened. As retail sales flounder and unemployment increases, it would appear that the worst might not yet be over for the struggling US economy.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations