What the analysts say: The surprise exit of X5 CEO Gusev
Last week's shock announcement that X5 Retail Group CEO Andrey Gusev resigned caused the Russian retailer's share price to tumble. X5 also booked a mixed set of second-quarter results that showed the retailer was only able to slow - but not reverse - declining like-for-like and customer traffic trends. Analysts in Moscow are split over its performance in the market and the outlook for the country's largest retailer, but there is agreement the departure of Gusev will come as a blow.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project