What the analysts say: The surprise exit of X5 CEO Gusev
Last week's shock announcement that X5 Retail Group CEO Andrey Gusev resigned caused the Russian retailer's share price to tumble. X5 also booked a mixed set of second-quarter results that showed the retailer was only able to slow - but not reverse - declining like-for-like and customer traffic trends. Analysts in Moscow are split over its performance in the market and the outlook for the country's largest retailer, but there is agreement the departure of Gusev will come as a blow.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- How Danone aims to meet its 2020 objectives
- Greencore's food-to-go focus paying dividends
- Mars rice policy more than crop-ticking exercise
- Interview: Ritter sees growth potential in US, EU
- Will Belvita win at breakfast in China? - analysis
- Pinnacle to buy Boulder Brands in $975m deal
- Genius Foods buys UK gluten-free firm Chapel Foods
- Maple Leaf Foods to cut over 400 jobs
- Nestle combats Thai seafood supply forced labour
- Greencore profits lifted by on-the-go food focus