What the analysts say: The surprise exit of X5 CEO Gusev
Last week's shock announcement that X5 Retail Group CEO Andrey Gusev resigned caused the Russian retailer's share price to tumble. X5 also booked a mixed set of second-quarter results that showed the retailer was only able to slow - but not reverse - declining like-for-like and customer traffic trends. Analysts in Moscow are split over its performance in the market and the outlook for the country's largest retailer, but there is agreement the departure of Gusev will come as a blow.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
Today I can offer you 30 days access for $1 - PLUS a free copy of the 174-page eBook ‘Food For Thought’, worth $34.99.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: ConAgra own-label exit plan is about growth
- How the CGF plans to halve global food waste
- IRI – The opportunity of range optimisation
- Focus: Will synergies lift Ahold Delhaize in US?
- Focus: Mexican dairies focus on adding value
- ConAgra confirms private-label exit
- Kraft Heinz unveils management structure
- Kellogg eyes trends with product launches
- CMA "accepts" Muller's revised Dairy Crest offer
- Kraft faces lawsuit over 'natural' claims