What the analysts say: The surprise exit of X5 CEO Gusev
Last week's shock announcement that X5 Retail Group CEO Andrey Gusev resigned caused the Russian retailer's share price to tumble. X5 also booked a mixed set of second-quarter results that showed the retailer was only able to slow - but not reverse - declining like-for-like and customer traffic trends. Analysts in Moscow are split over its performance in the market and the outlook for the country's largest retailer, but there is agreement the departure of Gusev will come as a blow.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills US "priority" categories gain share
- Interview part 2: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- 2015 preview: Consumer trends that will shape NPD
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- 2015 preview: A better deal for M&A sellers
- General Mills earnings drop one-third
- Kraft to reappraise business, says new CEO Cahill
- Pork Farms "disappointed" over Kerry deal ruling
- Bimbo to buy Saputo's bakery arm
- UPDATE: Nestle ice cream sale a "local" decision