USA: The UniMark Group, Inc. Reports Results for Year Ending December 31, 2000
The UniMark Group, Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board: UNMG) reported yesterday a fully diluted net loss of $0.82 per share for the year ending December 31, 2000 versus a net loss of $0.97 for the previous year ending December 31, 1999. Net sales for the year ending December 31, 2000 decreased 31% to $45.2 million compared to $66.2 million for the comparable period in 1999. Company management stated that the loss for the year and the decreased sales were due to a variety of factors including: discontinuation of unprofitable product lines and product offerings, reduced wholesale club sales demand, changes in packaged fruit supply commitments, depressed worldwide pricing in citrus juice, impact of the Del Monte Foods Company transaction, write offs resulting from the Company's operational restructuring and elimination of substantially all the Company's U.S. retail based infra-structure.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery