UK: There is no Whesco deal
A new report from the Newspaper Society was condemned on Tuesday (30 October) by Tesco as "wrong and out of date".It proposes that Tesco is involved in plans for a National System for Magazines with WH Smith. This is not true.Tesco is working actively with the Periodical Publishers Association, (PPA) to establish consensus for an all industry way forward. A solution that is focussed on bringing improvements for customers. Commenting, Tesco Corporate Affairs Director, Lucy Neville-Rolfe said "The Newspaper Society report is very misleading. We are working hard with the industry not against it."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project