UK: Third case of Foot and Mouth Disease confirmed in Essex
A third case of Foot and Mouth Disease has been confirmed in cattle on a farm in Great Warley, near Brentwood in Essex. There is an Infected Area already in place around the farm. We are in the process of reviewing whether this needs to be amended in the light of this latest outbreak. An 8km movement restriction area has also been placed around a farm in Heddon-on-the-Wall in Tyne and Wear. This follows reports of highly suspicious disease in a number of pigs on that premise. This case is linked to the first confirmed outbreak in an abattoir in Essex.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti