UK: Third case of Foot and Mouth Disease confirmed in Essex
A third case of Foot and Mouth Disease has been confirmed in cattle on a farm in Great Warley, near Brentwood in Essex. There is an Infected Area already in place around the farm. We are in the process of reviewing whether this needs to be amended in the light of this latest outbreak. An 8km movement restriction area has also been placed around a farm in Heddon-on-the-Wall in Tyne and Wear. This follows reports of highly suspicious disease in a number of pigs on that premise. This case is linked to the first confirmed outbreak in an abattoir in Essex.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning