UK: This little piggy went to the supermarket…….…and got an admission that labelling practices should be improved
The UK Competition Commission published its long awaited (and voluminous) report on the UK supermarkets on October 9. Although the press headlines were dominated by the Commission's clearance of the supermarkets' alleged abuse of monopoly power the recommendations of the Commission regarding a new mandatory code of practice for relationships with their suppliers are significant for UK farmers.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat