This week's Wispas on Cadbury
Cadbury union bosses have again this week voiced their concerns over the prospect of successful Kraft Foods takeover, claiming a victory would mean likely cuts in investment at the UK confectioner. Kraft, meanwhile, put forward possible changes to its proposals, managing a delay the European Commission's deadline for reviewing its proposal. On Monday, Cadbury will formally respond to Kraft's bid in London.
UK: Union warns on Kraft's investment plans for Cadbury
A UK union has warned that if Kraft Foods is successful in its hostile bid to acquire Cadbury, the US food giant would likely cut investment in the confectionery group.
EU: Kraft offers EU concessions on Cadbury deal
The European Commission has extended its deadline for reviewing Kraft Foods' proposal to acquire Cadbury after the US group offered concessions to ease antitrust concerns.
US: Hershey, Nestle "in contact over Cadbury bid"
US chocolate giant Hershey has been in contact with Nestle over a possible joint bid for Cadbury, according to reports.
UK: Cadbury to respond to Kraft offer next Monday
Cadbury will formally respond to Kraft Foods' hostile takover bid when the UK confectioner delivers its pre-close trading update next Monday (14 December).
The UK Takeover Panel today (2 June) launched a consultation into the regulations governing UK mergers and acquisitions....
UK retail grabbed the headlines this week, with Wal-Mart announcing the appointment of a new CEO for local arm Asda and Sainsbury's booking a set of bumper full-year results....
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea