This week's Wispas on Cadbury
The battle for Cadbury intensified this week as the UK confectioner urged shareholders not to let Kraft Foods "steal" the company in its second defence against the US group's hostile takeover. In return, Kraft shrugged off Cadbury's defence as "underwhelming". However, the Dairy Milk maker yesterday (14 January) hailed an "outstanding" 2009 with the release of its full-year sales. With Ferrero seemingly pulling out of the race for Cadbury, the spotlight remains on Kraft - and whether Hershey will launch an unlikely counter offer.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- ABF sees further grocery revival