This week's Wispas on Cadbury
The battle for Cadbury intensified this week as the UK confectioner urged shareholders not to let Kraft Foods "steal" the company in its second defence against the US group's hostile takeover. In return, Kraft shrugged off Cadbury's defence as "underwhelming". However, the Dairy Milk maker yesterday (14 January) hailed an "outstanding" 2009 with the release of its full-year sales. With Ferrero seemingly pulling out of the race for Cadbury, the spotlight remains on Kraft - and whether Hershey will launch an unlikely counter offer.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Can manufacturers revitalise shopper experience?
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund