UK: Thorntons announces strong sales for 28 weeks ended 12 January 2002
Thorntons , the speciality high street retailer and manufacturer of high quality chocolate, toffee and other confectionery, has today [Tuesday] reported strong sales figures for the 28 weeks ended 12 January 2002, with last minute Christmas shoppers bumping up turnover. CEO Peter Burdon commented: "I am extremely pleased to be able to report further evidence that progress is being made, in particular we are profitably growing sales in our own store network without seasonal overhang. The Christmas performance was strong and it demanded great teamwork and organisation to be able to deliver these results."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action