UK: Thorntons announces strong sales for 28 weeks ended 12 January 2002
Thorntons , the speciality high street retailer and manufacturer of high quality chocolate, toffee and other confectionery, has today [Tuesday] reported strong sales figures for the 28 weeks ended 12 January 2002, with last minute Christmas shoppers bumping up turnover. CEO Peter Burdon commented: "I am extremely pleased to be able to report further evidence that progress is being made, in particular we are profitably growing sales in our own store network without seasonal overhang. The Christmas performance was strong and it demanded great teamwork and organisation to be able to deliver these results."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO