UK: Thorntons - chocolates and a coffee to go - COMMENT (Members)
UK specialty chocolate firm Thorntons has decided to go into the take-away coffee market. CEO Peter Burdon froze the Cafe Thorntons concept last year as part of a restructuring program, but the firm now seeks to double the number of cafes to at least 56 within two years. But while supplying coffee may make keep the brand 'fresh' in consumers' minds, supplying other retailers is more likely to provide the fillip required to the bottom line.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses