UK: Thorntons - chocolates and a coffee to go - COMMENT (Members)
UK specialty chocolate firm Thorntons has decided to go into the take-away coffee market. CEO Peter Burdon froze the Cafe Thorntons concept last year as part of a restructuring program, but the firm now seeks to double the number of cafes to at least 56 within two years. But while supplying coffee may make keep the brand 'fresh' in consumers' minds, supplying other retailers is more likely to provide the fillip required to the bottom line.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- General Mills issues profit warning