UK: Thorntons FD Robson to step down
The company said Robson is expected to leave the company next March
Confectionery retailer Thorntons has today (8 November) confirmed that Mark Robson will step down from his role as finance director next year.
The company said Robson is expected to leave the company next March to take up a position with a private equity owned company and has started a search for Robson's successor.
Thorntons' chief executive Jonathan Hart said: "Mark has played an important role over the past two years in improving our business and laying the foundations for our long term, transformational strategy."
Robson joined Thorntons in November 2009, after previously serving as finance director of Somerfield, now part of the Co-operative Group and Alldays, the convenience store group.
Last month, the UK chocolate manufacturer reported a fall in first-quarter revenue due to lower in-store and commercial sales.
Thorntons has booked a drop in third-quarter sales as store closures and a difficult trading environment dented the chocolate group's result....
New Zealand fruit trader Turners & Growers (T&G) has announced its new senior management following its recent takeover by BayWa Aktiengesellschaft....
The future of Iglo Group, Europe's largest frozen food manufacturer, was a hot topic this week with its private-equity owner preparing to put the business up for sale. Elsewhere, the M&A rumour mill f...
UK retailer The Co-operative Group has confirmed it is continuing to review the back-end operations of its food business amid reports of further lay-offs....
- Infographic: Snapshot of Japan's food sector
- On the money: Solid Lindt outpaces chocolate peers
- On the money: Hain expects continued organic gains
- Spotlight: What could be impact of Russia's ban?
- Analysis: Market bets on higher Chiquita offer
- Russian government eases ban on food imports
- Dr Oetker to buy McCain North America pizza arm
- Nestle makes "major pledge" on animal welfare
- Research: the new strategies for convenience food
- Profits up at chocolate group Lindt