UK: Thorntons FD Robson to step down
The company said Robson is expected to leave the company next March
Confectionery retailer Thorntons has today (8 November) confirmed that Mark Robson will step down from his role as finance director next year.
The company said Robson is expected to leave the company next March to take up a position with a private equity owned company and has started a search for Robson's successor.
Thorntons' chief executive Jonathan Hart said: "Mark has played an important role over the past two years in improving our business and laying the foundations for our long term, transformational strategy."
Robson joined Thorntons in November 2009, after previously serving as finance director of Somerfield, now part of the Co-operative Group and Alldays, the convenience store group.
Last month, the UK chocolate manufacturer reported a fall in first-quarter revenue due to lower in-store and commercial sales.
Thorntons has booked a drop in third-quarter sales as store closures and a difficult trading environment dented the chocolate group's result....
New Zealand fruit trader Turners & Growers (T&G) has announced its new senior management following its recent takeover by BayWa Aktiengesellschaft....
The future of Iglo Group, Europe's largest frozen food manufacturer, was a hot topic this week with its private-equity owner preparing to put the business up for sale. Elsewhere, the M&A rumour mill f...
UK retailer The Co-operative Group has confirmed it is continuing to review the back-end operations of its food business amid reports of further lay-offs....
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- Brownes Dairy "attracts eight suitors"
- Mengniu sales dip but work on costs boosts profits
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis