UK: Thorntons names finance director
UK luxury chocolate maker and retailer Thorntons has announced the appointment of John Wall as finance director, effective immediately.
Wall had been acting as interim finance director since 14 October 2004.
Prior to joining Thorntons, Wall had, for four years, carried out a number of interim FD appointments. Between 1992 and 2000 he was group finance director of Lee Cooper Group, a jeans and casual clothing manufacturer.
Following the collapse of takeover talks between Newco and Thorntons, reports have appeared in the UK press that Icelandic group Baugur are interested in acquiring the chocolate retailer....
UK confectioner and retailer Thorntons has announced that takeover talks with Newco - a group headed by former Thorntons chairman Christopher Burnett - have fallen through....
Thortons has said that Christopher Burnett, its chairman, and finance group Newco have informed it that they wish to conduct "further analysis" before making any offer for the chocolate manufacturer....
UK luxury chocolate maker and retailer Thorntons has said that in the first 15 weeks of the current financial year total group sales were 4.8% below last year....
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin