UK: Thorntons posts 3.7% increases in sales
UK chocolate maker and distributor Thorntons has reported sales up 3.7% from £159.9m to £163.8m (US$258.6m) in the year to June. Cooler than usual weather gave sales a boost, while a new 'present for the teacher' promotion also gave sales a shot in the arm. Like for like sales improved 3.6% in the group's own stores, while sales through franchises and the group's website improved at an even higher rate.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund