UK: Thorntons posts 3.7% increases in sales
UK chocolate maker and distributor Thorntons has reported sales up 3.7% from £159.9m to £163.8m (US$258.6m) in the year to June. Cooler than usual weather gave sales a boost, while a new 'present for the teacher' promotion also gave sales a shot in the arm. Like for like sales improved 3.6% in the group's own stores, while sales through franchises and the group's website improved at an even higher rate.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry