UK: Thorntons posts sales rise of 6.8%
UK high street confectionery retailer Thorntons today [Tuesday] reported like-for-like sales up 6.8% in the first nine weeks of its financial year. The company said it had maintained the positive trading pattern set in its full year ended 29 June, when pre-tax profits rose 16% to £7.1m (US$11.1m). Turnover in the year climbed 2.4% to £164m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO