UK: Thorntons posts sales rise of 6.8%
UK high street confectionery retailer Thorntons today [Tuesday] reported like-for-like sales up 6.8% in the first nine weeks of its financial year. The company said it had maintained the positive trading pattern set in its full year ended 29 June, when pre-tax profits rose 16% to £7.1m (US$11.1m). Turnover in the year climbed 2.4% to £164m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth