UK: Thorntons reports near 10% fall in full-year pre-tax profit
UK chocolate maker and retailer Thorntons has reported a near 10% fall in full-year profits and said sales were hit by the hot UK summer. The company reported a pre-tax profit of £6.4m (US$10.2m) for the year to 28 June, compared to £7.1m a year earlier. The company said that in the first nine weeks of the new financial year, franchise sales had fallen 7.2%, while own shop like-for-like sales were down 1.9% due to the hot weather. Commercial sales rose 24.6% in the period, however, while gift delivery service sales rose 6.9%, reported AFX News.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up