UK: Thorntons reports near 10% fall in full-year pre-tax profit
UK chocolate maker and retailer Thorntons has reported a near 10% fall in full-year profits and said sales were hit by the hot UK summer. The company reported a pre-tax profit of £6.4m (US$10.2m) for the year to 28 June, compared to £7.1m a year earlier. The company said that in the first nine weeks of the new financial year, franchise sales had fallen 7.2%, while own shop like-for-like sales were down 1.9% due to the hot weather. Commercial sales rose 24.6% in the period, however, while gift delivery service sales rose 6.9%, reported AFX News.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review