UK: Thorntons reports strong Valentine's sales
UK chocolate maker Thorntons has said its sales improved in the weeks approaching Valentine's Day, after a disappointing Christmas. Like-for-like sales at its Thorntons shops were up 3.6% in the first five weeks of the second half of its financial year, compared with a 1.6% rise for the first half to 11 January.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action