UK: Thorntons to launch chilled dessert range
UK confectioner Thorntons is to launch a range of chilled desserts available exclusively to the grocery channel.
The range of nine chilled desserts, manufactured by Elisabeth the Chef, includes: Chocolate Secret Centre and Double Toffee & Vanilla pot desserts, Sticky Double Toffee Pudding, Chocolate & Toffee Tart and Sticky Toffee Cake.
Suggested RSPs range from GBP1.19 (US$1.89) for a 100g Double Chocolate & Vanilla Pot to GBP5.00 for the Sticky Toffee Cake.
Barry Bloomer, Thorntons sales and operations director, said: "As the market leader in premium confectionery with a GBP220m turnover, and with GBP53m in grocery retail growing at over 40%, it is a natural progression for Thorntons to branch out into the chilled desserts category. We chose to work with Elisabeth the Chef as they have a strong reputation for innovative and high quality products across both chilled bakery and pot desserts."
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs