SPAIN: Thousand people join march over United Biscuits plant closure
The decision of multinational biscuit maker United Biscuits to close a factory in Aguilar de Campoo prompted a two-day protest trek last weekend. Around 300 factory workers began the march on Saturday in Palencia, in protest against the closure of the plant belonging to local company Fontaneda. Around 50 kilometres later, over a thousand people had joined them to march through the final destination, the city of Valladolid.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs