SPAIN: Thousand people join march over United Biscuits plant closure
The decision of multinational biscuit maker United Biscuits to close a factory in Aguilar de Campoo prompted a two-day protest trek last weekend. Around 300 factory workers began the march on Saturday in Palencia, in protest against the closure of the plant belonging to local company Fontaneda. Around 50 kilometres later, over a thousand people had joined them to march through the final destination, the city of Valladolid.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife