THAILAND: TIFF closes its last two Burger King restaurants
Following a protracted dispute with multinational fastfood chain Burger King , the Thai International Fast Food Co (TIFF) has revealed that it will close its two remaining BK outlets next month. Owned by UK-based Diageo , Burger King has threatened court action over the burger bars, which it claimed were being operated without its proper authority. Nevertheless, TIFF executives described the closure of the outlets as an "amicable divorce."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega