THAILAND: TIFF closes its last two Burger King restaurants
Following a protracted dispute with multinational fastfood chain Burger King , the Thai International Fast Food Co (TIFF) has revealed that it will close its two remaining BK outlets next month. Owned by UK-based Diageo , Burger King has threatened court action over the burger bars, which it claimed were being operated without its proper authority. Nevertheless, TIFF executives described the closure of the outlets as an "amicable divorce."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund