KENYA: Tiger Brands confirms Rafiki Mills acquisition
Tiger expands in Kenya
South African food group Tiger Brands has today (21 January) confirmed it is in the process of buying out Kenyan flour miller Rafiki Mills.
"We are currently in no position to comment on the matter other than to say that an agreement has been signed. Details will be provided if and when the conditions are fulfilled," a spokesperson South Africa's largest food company told just-food.
Rafiki is ranked Kenya's fourth-largest flour miller, behind Mombasa Millers, Pembe Millers and Premier Group.
Tiger Brands has increasingly looked to develop its food operations and expand further into Africa's growing economies.
In 2012, the company purchased a majority stake in Nigerian flour and pasta maker Dangoteis. While the acquisition dented its full-year earnings, Tiger would seem bent on further expansion on the continent.
Outside South Africa, Tiger has operations in countries including Chile, Zimbabwe, Kenya and Cameroon.
Tiger Brands is the number one player in South African packaged food and a top five player in the wider Middle East and Africa region. The company has been gradually expanding in other African markets...
Following the acquisition of more than a 70% stake in Chococam by Tiger Brands, Chococam became a subsidiary of Tiger Brands....
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- China implements new safety regulations
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- Chilled Processed Food Packaging in the United Kingdom