KENYA: Tiger Brands confirms Rafiki Mills acquisition
Tiger expands in Kenya
South African food group Tiger Brands has today (21 January) confirmed it is in the process of buying out Kenyan flour miller Rafiki Mills.
"We are currently in no position to comment on the matter other than to say that an agreement has been signed. Details will be provided if and when the conditions are fulfilled," a spokesperson South Africa's largest food company told just-food.
Rafiki is ranked Kenya's fourth-largest flour miller, behind Mombasa Millers, Pembe Millers and Premier Group.
Tiger Brands has increasingly looked to develop its food operations and expand further into Africa's growing economies.
In 2012, the company purchased a majority stake in Nigerian flour and pasta maker Dangoteis. While the acquisition dented its full-year earnings, Tiger would seem bent on further expansion on the continent.
Outside South Africa, Tiger has operations in countries including Chile, Zimbabwe, Kenya and Cameroon.
Tiger Brands is the number one player in South African packaged food and a top five player in the wider Middle East and Africa region. The company has been gradually expanding in other African markets...
Following the acquisition of more than a 70% stake in Chococam by Tiger Brands, Chococam became a subsidiary of Tiger Brands....
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- Arla strikes JVs in Nigeria and Senegal
- KitKat to go sustainably sourced cocoa only
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Biscuit Manufacturers (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis