KENYA: Tiger Brands confirms Rafiki Mills acquisition
Tiger expands in Kenya
South African food group Tiger Brands has today (21 January) confirmed it is in the process of buying out Kenyan flour miller Rafiki Mills.
"We are currently in no position to comment on the matter other than to say that an agreement has been signed. Details will be provided if and when the conditions are fulfilled," a spokesperson South Africa's largest food company told just-food.
Rafiki is ranked Kenya's fourth-largest flour miller, behind Mombasa Millers, Pembe Millers and Premier Group.
Tiger Brands has increasingly looked to develop its food operations and expand further into Africa's growing economies.
In 2012, the company purchased a majority stake in Nigerian flour and pasta maker Dangoteis. While the acquisition dented its full-year earnings, Tiger would seem bent on further expansion on the continent.
Outside South Africa, Tiger has operations in countries including Chile, Zimbabwe, Kenya and Cameroon.
Tiger Brands, South Africa's largest branded food manufacturer, has posted an increase in first-half sales and earnings despite what the firm termed a "tough trading environment"....
Tiger Brands is one of the leading manufacturers of packaged food in South Africa. The company plans to continue to drive South African volume growth to maintain and grow market share. It plans to co...
South African consumer goods group Tiger Brands has booked an impairment charge on Nigerian unit Dangote Flour Mills of ZAR849m (US$82.1m)....
Tiger Brands is the number one player in South African packaged food and a top five player in the wider Middle East and Africa region. The company has been gradually expanding in other African markets...
Confectionery in South Africa industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-2011, and forecast to 2016...
Pioneer Food Group Ltd aims to improve its shares in packaged food and to diversify into value-added products through brand extension and differentiation. The company has made it known that it plans t...
There has been a need for suitable baby snack products in South Africa. In late 2011, Nestlé South Africa addressed this need by introducing a wide range of baby snacks suitable for crawlers, toddlers...
The year 2012 was characterised by a reduced consumer spending power, mainly during the first quarter of the year as a result of a rising cost of living. Lower LSM consumers were the worst affected, a...
- M&A Watch: Raisio should sell to private equity
- Infographic: Snapshot of Japan's food sector
- On the money: Solid Lindt outpaces chocolate peers
- Spotlight: What could be impact of Russia's ban?
- Briefing: Expansion agenda of Japan's food majors
- Russian government eases ban on food imports
- Pork Farms buys Kerry Group's pastry plants
- Kerry cools claim spreads move could hit jobs
- Profits up at chocolate group Lindt
- Japan's Sanyo takes stake in Olam's food biz
- New Strategies for offering Convenience in Food - targeting new occasions, best practice and new solutions
- David Chapman's Ice Cream Ltd in Packaged Food (Canada)
- Global Bakery & Cereals Market: Merger and Acquisitions May 2014
- Food Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Other Dairy in Russia