UK: Tighter import checks to "stop this ever happening again" - NFU
The NFU today called for an urgent tightening of the controls protecting Britain and Europe from illegal meat imports after suggestions that this is the most likely cause of the foot and mouth outbreak. NFU President Ben Gill said farmers would be "livid" at the suggestion that illegal commercial imports carrying the virus may be to blame for bringing the entire farming industry to its knees in the space of just a few weeks.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti