UK: Tighter import checks to "stop this ever happening again" - NFU
The NFU today called for an urgent tightening of the controls protecting Britain and Europe from illegal meat imports after suggestions that this is the most likely cause of the foot and mouth outbreak. NFU President Ben Gill said farmers would be "livid" at the suggestion that illegal commercial imports carrying the virus may be to blame for bringing the entire farming industry to its knees in the space of just a few weeks.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods