USA: Tim Hortons donates $1 million to Canadian Red Cross to assist in US relief and recovery efforts
On behalf of its franchise family, Tim Hortons is donating $1 million (CDN) to the Canadian Red Cross USA Appeal to help with relief and recovery efforts in the United States. "The horrific events of September 11th have touched all of us, and our franchisees really wanted to find a way to help the children and families who are most directly affected," said Paul House, President and Chief Operating Officer, The TDL Group Ltd. (operators of Tim Hortons). "This donation will be given directly to the Canadian Red Cross, but will be specifically earmarked for the USA Appeal. The Red Cross organizations are providing care and funding directly to victims and their families as they struggle through this extremely difficult time."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- Buffett: no back-up deal for Kraft Heinz
- Kraft Heinz "substantially undervalued" Unilever