USA: Tim Hortons donates $1 million to Canadian Red Cross to assist in US relief and recovery efforts
On behalf of its franchise family, Tim Hortons is donating $1 million (CDN) to the Canadian Red Cross USA Appeal to help with relief and recovery efforts in the United States. "The horrific events of September 11th have touched all of us, and our franchisees really wanted to find a way to help the children and families who are most directly affected," said Paul House, President and Chief Operating Officer, The TDL Group Ltd. (operators of Tim Hortons). "This donation will be given directly to the Canadian Red Cross, but will be specifically earmarked for the USA Appeal. The Red Cross organizations are providing care and funding directly to victims and their families as they struggle through this extremely difficult time."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill