USA: The economy: time to focus on the bare necessities (COMMENT)
The US' NLIHC says that workers need three times the minimum wage to afford basic rent; the gap between incomes and housing costs having grown in every state. With the economy not expected to recover to previous peaks, middle-income households might soon feel the pinch and have to curb spending. CPG manufacturers must respond appropriately, through greater offerings of more affordable goods through cheaper channels.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale
- Dole Food Co. files to go public again
- 2 Sisters' chief Boparan invests in UK's Crawshaw