USA: The economy: time to focus on the bare necessities (COMMENT)
The US' NLIHC says that workers need three times the minimum wage to afford basic rent; the gap between incomes and housing costs having grown in every state. With the economy not expected to recover to previous peaks, middle-income households might soon feel the pinch and have to curb spending. CPG manufacturers must respond appropriately, through greater offerings of more affordable goods through cheaper channels.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action