USA: The economy: time to focus on the bare necessities (COMMENT)
The US' NLIHC says that workers need three times the minimum wage to afford basic rent; the gap between incomes and housing costs having grown in every state. With the economy not expected to recover to previous peaks, middle-income households might soon feel the pinch and have to curb spending. CPG manufacturers must respond appropriately, through greater offerings of more affordable goods through cheaper channels.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea