UK: Wm Morrison: time to shop around (COMMENT)
Wm Morrison's takeover of the Safeway chain in 2004 has proved more problematic than initially expected, raising concerns over the group's ability to integrate such a large acquisition. Finance director Martin Ackroyd is the victim of a boardroom shakeup that should see the supermarket group's management thrust into line with accepted corporate governance standards.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO