HONG KONG: Tingyi 9m earnings slide despite Q3 rebound
Tingyi Q3 earnings rise
Hong Kong listed food and beverage group Tingyi has booked a jump in third-quarter earnings, but nine-month profits remained below 2012 levels.
The company said today (18 November) third-quarter net profit rose 30.97% to US$278m. EBITDA gained 17.97% to US$472m. Sales grew by more than 15% to hit US$3.39bn.
However, the strong third quarter failed to offset lower first-half profitability as the group increased its investment in advertising and saw earnings from its instant food business drop.
As a consequence, profit in the first nine months of the year fell 17.7% to US$523m and EBITDA was down 7% to US$1.05bn. However, Tingyi booked a strong increase in nine-month sales, which increased 17.83% to US$8.81bn.
Click here to view the full release from Tingyi.
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- 'City institutions behind bid for Fox's Biscuits'
- ABF sees further grocery revival