CHINA: Tingyi posts Q1 profit rise
Chinese food and drinks manufacturer Tingyi has posted a 48% increase in profit for the first quarter of the year.
Net profit for the three months to the end of March hit US$173m, the Master Kong noodle maker said. EBITDA grew 23.5% to $364.2m.
Sales were up 5% at $2.78bn.
Sales from its instant noodle business grew 4.1% year-on-year to $1.14bn. However, sales of the group's instant food business were US$53.2m, a 7% drop on the same period last year.
To read the company's full results, click here.
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast