CHINA: Tingyi posts Q1 profit rise
Chinese food and drinks manufacturer Tingyi has posted a 48% increase in profit for the first quarter of the year.
Net profit for the three months to the end of March hit US$173m, the Master Kong noodle maker said. EBITDA grew 23.5% to $364.2m.
Sales were up 5% at $2.78bn.
Sales from its instant noodle business grew 4.1% year-on-year to $1.14bn. However, sales of the group's instant food business were US$53.2m, a 7% drop on the same period last year.
To read the company's full results, click here.
- Nestle on China, candy, nutrition - analysis
- England child obesity plan should cheer industry
- Hain accounting issue rounds off problem year
- What lies ahead for Tyrrells and Amplify?
- Future trends in natural food to go mainstream
- Lotus Bakeries enjoys growth organically, via M&A
- Smucker cuts forecast as sales decline
- Unite outlines 2 Sisters stance on UK pizza site
- Nestle strengthens margins but net profit down
- Pinnacle Foods closes Evol plant