CHINA: Tingyi posts Q1 profit rise
Chinese food and drinks manufacturer Tingyi has posted a 48% increase in profit for the first quarter of the year.
Net profit for the three months to the end of March hit US$173m, the Master Kong noodle maker said. EBITDA grew 23.5% to $364.2m.
Sales were up 5% at $2.78bn.
Sales from its instant noodle business grew 4.1% year-on-year to $1.14bn. However, sales of the group's instant food business were US$53.2m, a 7% drop on the same period last year.
To read the company's full results, click here.
- Danone's global push for Danonino – interview
- How Hormel Foods can benefit from Justin's
- The balancing act at Amy's Kitchen - interview
- Tackling infant formula fraud in China
- RTRS looks for systemic solutions to progress
- Nestle sets new savings target
- ConAgra focusing on core with Spicetec sale
- Premier takes control of powders JV Knighton
- Amy's Kitchen strikes Picard deal in four markets
- CP Group invests in Russian dairy production