HONG KONG: Tingyi Q1 earnings slide on costs
Tingyi was hit with costs related to its link-up with PepsiCo
Net profit in the three months to the end of March amounted to US$117.1m compared to earnings of $303.7m last year. Operating profit in the period was down 33.7% to $295m.
The company said without costs incurred from its beverage tie-up with PepsiCo in China net profit was up by 12.4%.
Sales increased by 79% to $817.5m over the same period. Tingyi said the jump in sales was down to the PepsiCo deal confirmed in March last year, which saw its beverage subsidiary became PepsiCo's franchise bottler in China.
Turnover for instant noodle increased by 7.3%, while instant food sales dropped slightly by 3.6%.
Click here to view the full earnings release.
India presents significant potential to overseas FMCG firms - and some, like PepsiCo, Cadbury and United Biscuits have built big businesses in the market. However, India has its own domestic titans wh...
The Mexican government is set to become the latest to attempt to stem the tide of rising obesity through a tax on high-calorie foods and sugary drinks following a landmark decision by the Mexican Sena...
PepsiCo has launched a chocolate-covered crisp in the US - a product it claims will give consumers "an enjoyable sweet and savoury snacking experience"....
Chinese food and beverage group Tingyi Holdings plans to form a joint venture with Japanese food and drinks maker Asahi to sell infant formula and baby products in China....
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report