NEW ZEALAND: Tip Top Investments and Effem Foods will return to court over trademark
Top Investments and Effem Foods fight over who gets to hold the "Celebrations" trademark will reconvene at the High Court of Auckland in March. The case had been part heard before Christmas, but could not be resolved. Tip Top Investments owns the "Sweet Celebrations" trade mark on: "flour and preparations made from cereals, bread, pastry, confectionery, ice-cream, iced confections, ice-cream novelties and desserts, ices, honey, treacle and sauces." And the commissioner of trademarks prompted the court case by refusing to allow Effem Foods to register a "Celebrations" trademark for "chocolate assortments, excluding frozen and/or ice cream versions thereof."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Boparan confirms interest in Fox's Biscuits
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega