NEW ZEALAND: Tip Top Investments and Effem Foods will return to court over trademark
Top Investments and Effem Foods fight over who gets to hold the "Celebrations" trademark will reconvene at the High Court of Auckland in March. The case had been part heard before Christmas, but could not be resolved. Tip Top Investments owns the "Sweet Celebrations" trade mark on: "flour and preparations made from cereals, bread, pastry, confectionery, ice-cream, iced confections, ice-cream novelties and desserts, ices, honey, treacle and sauces." And the commissioner of trademarks prompted the court case by refusing to allow Effem Foods to register a "Celebrations" trademark for "chocolate assortments, excluding frozen and/or ice cream versions thereof."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- General Mills books lower 9M sales and profits