NEW ZEALAND: Tip Top Investments and Effem Foods will return to court over trademark
Top Investments and Effem Foods fight over who gets to hold the "Celebrations" trademark will reconvene at the High Court of Auckland in March. The case had been part heard before Christmas, but could not be resolved. Tip Top Investments owns the "Sweet Celebrations" trade mark on: "flour and preparations made from cereals, bread, pastry, confectionery, ice-cream, iced confections, ice-cream novelties and desserts, ices, honey, treacle and sauces." And the commissioner of trademarks prompted the court case by refusing to allow Effem Foods to register a "Celebrations" trademark for "chocolate assortments, excluding frozen and/or ice cream versions thereof."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"