ISRAEL: Tivall negotiating US meat alliance
Tivall , Israel's leading manufacturer and exporter of meat analogues, is negotiating with several US companies to establishing a strategic partnership, as part of Tivall new strategy to intensify its sales on the American market. Tivall, a member of the Osem Group of companies, plans to capture 10% of the meat analogue market in the US, which is estimated to reach US$1.5bn in sales in 2003. Omri Lotan, Tivall general manager, was quoted in Maariv saying that the company's entry to the US market with a reputable partner "complements our expanded production capacity. Tivall now exports 60% of its production volume to Europe."While searching for a strategic partner in the USA, Tivall is negotiating with several US supermarket chains to market the Israeli meat analogues brand, which is well recognised in the UK, Holland, Germany, and Switzerland. It was reported that Tivall reached an agreement to supply Wal-Mart stores in Germany with a wide range of its vegetarian products, "a move which might promote Tivall's entry to
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review