UK: TMI Foods secures European export orders
Cooked ingredients company TMI Foods has secured a number of new export orders for 2006 with European food manufacturers and foodservice companies.
The Northampton-based company, a supplier of cooked bacon and ingredients to food manufacturers, retail and foodservice, has agreed supply contracts with distributors in France, Belgium, Denmark, Turkey and Spain.
In France, TMI will supply cooked bacon to a leading international hotel group and leisure services corporation, while in Belgium it has struck a deal with a major supermarket group supplying retail packs of cooked bacon.
It is the first time the company has done business in Denmark, where it will provide cooked bacon to a wholesale supplier in the country. In Spain, TMI has agreed on exports to wholesalers in Barcelona, to supply cooked bacon rollers - widely known as Pigs In Blankets. The company is also fulfilling its first order for cooked ingredients to a Greek sandwich manufacturer, which has started production of UK-style sandwiches for the local market.
TMI employs nearly 200 people at its Northampton and Coventry factories, and produces more than 10m rashers of bacon every week, including cooked bacon, bacon rollers (Pigs In Blankets), cooked bacon pieces, and cooked roasted vegetables.
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review