JAPAN: Toba reiterates that he is definitely not leaving Daiei until next May
Newspaper reports from this morning (10 November) that disgraced director Tadasu Toba is planning to walk out of Daiei by the end of the year have been rigorously denied by a company spokeswoman. The supermarket store operator is undergoing a huge corporate restructure to renew its fortunes after the emasculation of huge debts was added to with an improper trading scandal that shook investor's confidence. The share value has steadily fallen by more than 30% following last month's revelation of management problems, but Tobu has reiterated his intention to finish his term at the shareholder's meeting next May. He will not, as the Sankei Shimbun paper reported, leave in late December, when the company plans to announce the revisions to its three year restructure plan.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review